Position Sr. Scientist / Principal Scientist
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to VP, Biology
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a high degree of independence to lead projects and contribute to project planning.
- Design, develop, and perform in vitro cellular assays to assess innate and adaptive immune function.
- Design and develop in vivo models of inflammation and autoimmunity by working with CROs.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, optimize, qualify, and/or validate assays to support preclinical and translational studies.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results and regularly present findings at multidisciplinary project team meetings.
- Provide a high level of subject matter expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature and mentorship of colleagues.
- Participate on cross-functional project team and effectively collaborate on multiple projects.
- Support and manage external collaborations, including CROs, clinical and academic laboratories.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Write and review technical reports, research protocols, SOPs, IND sections and scientific manuscripts for publication.
What You’ll Bring
Experience and Qualifications
- PhD degree in Immunology or PhD in cell/molecular biology or biochemistry with a strong background in immunology.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in a drug discovery environment is preferred. A track record as a key contributor to successful discovery campaigns is preferred.
- Experience designing and performing in vitro assays that incorporate primary immune cells
- Skilled in standard immunological, molecular and cell biology techniques including flow cytometry, ELISAs, and primary immune cell isolation and culture from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and within external collaborations.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Effective Communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable with the ambiguity of early-stage Life Science companies
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills with a focus on trust, credibility, and mutual respect
- Asking questions, being open to new ideas and embracing ambiguity will help make you successful in this role.
- Ability and willingness to be candid and genuine
- Proven track record of demonstrating functional expertise and following through on commitments.
- Comfortable working in an initially virtual environment thru Spring of 2022
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.