Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to Associate Director, Immuno-Oncology
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
ROME Therapeutics is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented candidate with experience in cellular biology and immunology to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing immune and cancer cell-related cellular assays (in vitro/ex vivo) to support target validation and mechanism of action studies across numerous drug discovery programs. The individual must have the ability to multi-task and work independently with attention to detail to work in an exciting, fast-paced early start-up environment
What You’ll Do
- Design and execute various immune and cancer cell-based in vitro assays to characterize novel biology targets
- Ability to design, execute and independently analyze, interpret experimental results and present key findings to a cross functional team
- Collaborate with other team members (internal and external CRO) to advance our immuno-oncology programs
What You’ll Bring
Experience and Qualifications
- BS/MS in biology, immunology, oncology, molecular biology or related field
- 2+ years of immunology/oncology experience
- Industry experience preferred
- Strong hands-on experience with primary cell isolation and purification from a variety of sources
- Experience with design and development of primary immune cell-based assays such as cell stimulation and multiplex cytokine assay
- Experience designing multi-parameter flow cytometry panels, ELISA, MSD, DNA/RNA preparation, RT-qPCR, Western Blot
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills needed to effectively communicate experimental findings to cross functional team members
- Proficiency with FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Office, and ELN
- Effective communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable with the ambiguity of early-stage Life Science companies
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills with a focus on trust, credibility, and mutual respect
- Asking questions, being open to new ideas and embracing ambiguity will help make you successful in this role.
- Ability and willingness to be candid and genuine
- Proven track record of demonstrating functional expertise and following through on commitments.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment as needed.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory, subject to medical and religious accommodations, and proof of vaccination must be provided to ROME
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.