Company: ROME Therapeutics
Location: Cambridge, MA
Reports to: SVP, Chemistry
ROME Therapeutics is a Cambridge, MA based biotech company developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology.
To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund.
DIRECTOR, CHEMISTRY: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to multi-disciplinary drug discovery and development teams by developing and implementing medicinal chemistry strategies to discover novel therapeutics
- Prioritize medicinal chemistry activities and manage external chemistry resources to achieve project goals
- Design high-quality small molecules considering physicochemical properties and pharmacological readouts
- Possess a clear and effective communication style to disseminate project data and medicinal chemistry approach to both internal colleagues and external collaborators
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external colleagues in chemistry, structural biology, ADME, biology and pharmacology
- Contribute to the building the chemistry infrastructure of ROME (e.g. cheminformatics and compound collection strategy)
- Lead the preparation of patent documents, peer reviewed scientific publications and regulatory documents, as appropriate
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with 10+ years of experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting as a medicinal chemist
- Demonstrated leadership in drug discovery solving a variety of medicinal chemistry problems (e.g. solubility, metabolism, and off-target activities) as evidenced by a strong record of scientific accomplishment and success delivering pre-clinical and clinical candidates
- Experience in hit identification through preclinical development
- Proven ability to manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision criteria
- Strong synthetic chemist and experience using structure-based drug design to design clinical candidates
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills, and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Rome prides itself on competitive compensation.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to careers@ROMEtx.com
Rome Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.