Position Contracts Specialist/Paralegal
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to IP Counsel
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as the “dark genome.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology, chemistry and machine learning. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
Exciting opportunity to join a cutting-edge pharmaceutical company in Cambridge. This is a permanent role, working 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday. The position is exclusively remote to start, with an opportunity to work in the office later in fall 2022, if desired. The ability to work productively at home a requirement. Candidates should ideally have 3+ years of legal admin (contracts management and/or patents)/paralegal experience with preparing and electronically routing documents among parties. Experience with contracts management software and/or IP docketing software is a plus. Strong communication skills for close working relationships with attorneys, co-workers, and external parties is required. Attention to detail in this role is critical. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint is also required. Candidates must be organized and able to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. A willingness to learn new skills and grow in this role is essential.
What You’ll Do
- Assists in management of a large portfolio of agreements.
- Assists with structuring, drafting and negotiation of various types of agreements through final signature stage.
- Triages and collaborates on more complex agreements in collaboration with legal team.
- Manages interactions with inventors, senior leadership and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the tracking of intellectual property deadlines.
- Assist attorneys by providing executive level administrative assistance through the performance of complex secretarial and clerical duties including: meeting planning and coordination, external communication, and scheduling, etc.
- Respond appropriately to emails, telephone calls, letters and/or visitors; use resources to resolve and answer routine questions.
- Provide document production services, including styling and formatting of documents; proofreading and checking for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammatical errors.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail/email including preparation of documents and packages for mail, messenger and overnight delivery; ensure that all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are intact.
What You’ll Bring
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- 3+ years’ experience working with contracts in a law firm, pharmaceutical company, healthcare or academic institution
- Paralegal experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable with early-stage biotech environment (VC funding, fast pace, exciting science)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills with a focus on trust, credibility, and mutual respect
- Asks questions, open to new ideas and embracing small company culture
- Ability and willingness to be candid and genuine
- Proven track record of demonstrating functional expertise and following through on commitments.
- Adept working across internal and external teams (CROs, academic collaborators, etc.)
- Willingness to working in a hybrid (in-person/remote) work environment as needed
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory, subject to medical and religious accommodations, and proof of vaccination must be provided to ROME
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.