Position Senior Research Associate
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to Director
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology.
To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
Rome Therapeutics is seeking a creative and collaborative scientist to work in a fast-paced environment within a cross-functional drug discovery team. The ideal candidate will have experience interrogating cellular and molecular mechanisms as they relate to target validation/pathway modulation, and off-target liabilities. The candidate’s primary role will be lab based and include cellular assays to support drug discovery efforts and mechanism of action studies. The individual must have the ability to multi-task and work independently with attention to detail to work in an exciting, fast-paced early start-up environment.
What You’ll Do
- Independently design, conduct, optimize and proactively troubleshoot cellular screening assays.
- Data processing, interpretation and presentation to cross functional team members.
- Proactively employ a breadth of cell and molecular biology techniques, including gene targeting approaches.
- Responsible for the design and execute experiments to evaluate small molecule drug mechanisms of action, off target liabilities, phenotypic responses, and synergistic drug combinations.
- Regularly present research to the integrated project team highlighting implications for broader program.
What You’ll Bring
- BS/MS in cell biology, drug discovery or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, industry experience preferred.
- Candidate must be skilled in carrying out a wide range of state-of-the-art molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Extensive hands on with state-of-the-art cell-based assays (IF, reporter assays, in cell western etc.).
- Experience with genome editing/KD approaches (CRISPR or si/shRNA) for engineering cell line models.
- Familiar with PK/PD/efficacy relationships and delivering PD readouts by western and plate-based assays for in vivo tumor models.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent documentation and organizational skills are essential.
- Experience with standard software analytical tools, xlsx, Prism, ELN etc.
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to careers@ROMEtx.com
Rome Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.