Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to Director, Biology
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
Rome Therapeutics is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented candidate with experience in molecular and cellular biology to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for development of cellular screening assays, target validation and mechanism of action studies across numerous drug discovery programs. The individual must have the ability to multi-task and work independently with attention to detail to work in an exciting, fast-paced early start-up environment.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage knowledge of molecular, cellular and cancer biology to identify and validate novel Repeatome targets and support drug discovery programs
- Proactively employ a breadth of cell and molecular biology techniques (genome editing, cell line engineering, flow cytometry, and cell growth assays), to generate key data for target validation.
- Extend and diversify internal capabilities through interaction with and management of CRO work.
- Collaborate extensively within and across groups, regularly present research to an integrated project team
What You’ll Bring
Experience and Qualifications
- MS in molecular biology, cell biology, oncology, or related discipline with 5 years of relevant research experience or PhD with 2 years of experience conducting relevant research. Industry experience is preferred, but not essential
- Experience with target validation techniques (e.g. CRISPR, base editing and shRNA) for engineering cell line models
- A passion for designing and executing lab experiments to generate impactful data and specifically test scientific hypotheses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an enthusiasm for participating in a fast-paced environment characterized by rigorous science and innovative thinking
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.