Position Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist, Immunology/Immuno-Oncology
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to VP, Biology
ROME Therapeutics is a Cambridge, MA based startup biotech company, committed to discovering new ways to treat cancer and other diseases by unlocking the ‘Repeatome’, the ~60% of the human genome comprised of repetitive sequences, where scientists have only recently begun to understand its role in human disease. Despite the novel biology, the company is focusing on programs where there is a clear path to the clinic. We are leveraging well-known target validation and drug development techniques to develop novel classes of small molecule therapeutics for cancer and autoimmune disease, in areas where there are still major unmet needs for many patients.
ROME is led by an experienced team of biotech veterans with a stellar track record, and funded by a world-class syndicate of biotech investors – ARCH Ventures, GV, and Partners Innovation Fund.
- Work with a high degree of independence to lead projects and contribute to project planning.
- Design, develop, and perform in vitro cellular assays to assess innate and adaptive immune function.
- Design and develop in vivo models of inflammation or immuno-oncology by working with CROs.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, optimize, qualify, and/or validate assays to support preclinical and translational studies.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results and regularly present findings at multidisciplinary project team meetings.
- Provide a high level of subject matter expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature and mentorship of colleagues.
- Participate on cross-functional project team and effectively collaborate on multiple projects.
- Support and manage external collaborations, including CROs, clinical and academic laboratories.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Write and review technical reports, research protocols, SOPs, IND sections and scientific manuscripts for publication.
- PhD degree in Immunology or immune-oncology, or PhD in cell/molecular biology, biochemistry or biomedical engineering with a strong background in immunology.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in a drug discovery environment. A track record as a key contributor to successful discovery campaigns is preferred.
- Experience designing and performing in vitro assays that incorporate primary human immune cells or immune/cancer cells
- Skilled in standard immunological, molecular and cell biology techniques including flow cytometry, ELISAs, and primary immune cell isolation and culture from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and within external collaborations.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Up to date understanding of the drug discovery process is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Rome prides itself on competitive compensation
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to careers@ROMEtx.com
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.