Position Scientist, Immunology
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to Principal Scientist
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as the “dark genome.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology, chemistry and machine learning. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com
ROME Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and detail-oriented candidate with experience in cellular immunology to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for independently establishing immune related cellular assays (in vitro/ex vivo) to support target validation/discovery and mechanism of action studies across numerous drug discovery programs and managing CRO relationships to execute agreed upon goals. The individual must have the ability to multi-task and work independently with attention to detail to work in an exciting, fast-paced early start-up environment.
What You’ll Do
- Independently design, develop and execute various immune cell-based in vitro assays to characterize novel biological targets
- Interpret experimental results and present key findings to cross-functional team in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborate with other team members (internal and external CRO) to advance our immunology programs
What You’ll Bring
Experience and Qualifications
- PhD in immunology or related discipline with 0+ years post-graduate experience
- BS/MS in biology with 4+ years biotech experience working in immunology or related field
- Strong hands-on experience with human primary cell isolation and purification from a variety of sources
- Experience with design and development of primary immune cell-based assays such as cell stimulation, multi-parameter flow cytometry, and multiplex cytokine detection, RNAseq library preparation, etc.
- Effective communication skills
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable with early-stage biotech environment (VC funding, fast pace, exciting science)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills with a focus on trust, credibility, and mutual respect
- Asks questions, open to new ideas and embracing novel science
- Ability and willingness to be candid and genuine
- Proven track record of demonstrating functional expertise and following through on commitments.
- Adept working across internal and external teams (CROs, academic collaborators, etc.)
- Willingness to work in a hybrid (in-person/remote) work environment as needed
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory, subject to medical and religious accommodations, and proof of vaccination must be provided to ROME
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.