Position Research Operations and Database Manager
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to SVP, Chemistry
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
ROME Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Research Operations and Database Manager who will work closely with the Senior Vice President of Chemistry and the ROME scientific team (chemistry and biology) to advance our mission by contributing to developing and managing operations. This person will have an excellent understanding of the impact of operations on the success of the researchers and will be well-organized, deliver on objectives, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will have experience contributing to drug discovery projects and will have experience with cheminformatics databases.
What You’ll Do
- Work with internal teams and external partners on database management and streamlining of research operations including:
- Support the chemistry and biology teams with compound purchasing, shipping, and inventory management.
- Work closely with the cheminformatics scientists, chemists, and biologists to register compounds and data into the cheminformatics database.
- developing templates that enable the upload and visualization of biological data to enable interpretation of SAR and developing and maintain reports within LiveDesign®.
- Participate in managing compound workflow and testing including requesting assays defined by the testing funnel at CROs.
- Work with CROs to gather, format and track experimental methods for patents and publications.
- Help manage and track chemistry contracts with external CROs.
What You’ll Bring
Experience and Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry or biochemistry, or a related scientific field plus 5+ years of pharma or biotech experience.
- Strong knowledge of stereochemistry to enable compound registration; experience with ACAS is a plus.
- Excellent data analysis skills, proficiency with chemdraw, sd file formats and excel; experience with LiveDesign®, TIBCO Spotfire®, or GraphPad Prism is a plus.
- Experience with purchasing and shipping chemicals including customs logistics preferred.
- An understanding of data mining and visualization to contribute to improving ROMEs capabilities in the analysis of structure activity relationships (broadly defined).
- Excellent communication skills and prior experience working across internal and external teams.
- Collaborative team-oriented mindset, ability to work in fast-paced startup environment and an interest in helping to shape processes that improve productivity and support novel discoveries.
- Effective Communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable with the ambiguity of early-stage Life Science companies
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills with a focus on trust, credibility, and mutual respect
- Asking questions, being open to new ideas and embracing ambiguity will help make you successful in this role.
- Ability and willingness to be candid and genuine
- Proven track record of demonstrating functional expertise and following through on commitments.
- Comfortable working in an initially virtual environment thru Spring of 2022
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly encouraged and proof of vaccination should be provided to ROME
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.