Position Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to Principal Scientist
ROME Therapeutics is a Cambridge, MA based startup biotech company, committed to discovering new ways to treat cancer, autoimmunity, and other diseases by unlocking the ‘Repeatome’, repetitive DNA sequences that comprise ~60% of the human genome. Breakthrough research by ROME and their scientific founders and advisors is unravelling the various roles played by the repeatome in driving human disease. ROME is focused on drug discovery programs that translate this novel research into the clinically important therapeutics. We are leveraging sophisticated target validation and drug development technologies to rapidly advance novel classes of molecules in therapeutic areas where there are major unmet needs for many patients. ROME is led by an experienced team of biotech veterans with a stellar track record and funded by a world-class syndicate of biotech investors – ARCH Ventures, GV, and Partners Innovation Fund.
Rome Therapeutics is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented candidate with experience in cellular immunology to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing immune related cellular assays (in vitro/ex vivo) to support target validation and mechanism of action studies across numerous drug discovery programs. The individual must have the ability to multi-task and work independently with attention to detail to work in an exciting, fast-paced early start-up environment.
- Design and execute various immune cell-based in vitro assays to characterize novel biology targets
- Ability to design, execute and independently analyze, interpret experimental results and present key findings to a cross functional team
- Collaborate with other team members (internal and external CRO) to advance our immunology programs
- Strong hands-on experience with primary cell isolation and purification from a variety of sources
- Experience with design and development of primary immune cell-based assays such as cell stimulation and multiplex cytokine assay
- Experience with designing of multi-parameter flow cytometry, ELISA, DNA/RNA preparation, RT-qPCR, Western Blot
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills needed to effectively communicate experimental findings to cross functional team members
- Proficiency with FlowJo, GraphPad Prism and Microsoft Office, ELN
- BS/MS in biology, immunology or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Industry experience preferred
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to careers@ROMEtx.com
Rome Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.