Position Cheminformatics Scientist
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to SVP, Chemistry
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
ROME Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional Cheminformatics Scientist to join our team and work closely with the S.V.P. of Chemistry and the ROME scientific team (chemistry and biology) to advance our mission. This role will enable project advancement through cheminformatic tools, database administration and data curation with the goal of impacting the efficiency of scientific operations thus enhancing scientific decision-making. The successful candidate will have experience working on project teams contributing to drug discovery projects using cheminformatics tools, methods and database technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with internal teams and external CROs supporting projects through cheminformatics database management
- Utilize cheminformatics tools and strategies to enable decision-making including compound registration, data loading/visualization and augmenting availability of project-based information from literature and patents.
- Participate in managing outsourced chemistry including compound workflow to bioassays
- Assist patent counsel and scientific team in patent preparation of experimental methods
- Help manage and track chemistry contracts with external CROs.
- Support multi-disciplinary drug discovery and development teams with compound purchasing, registration, shipping, and inventory management.
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry or biochemistry, or a related scientific field plus 3+ years of pharma or biotech experience.
- Experience with the application of cheminformatics tools to drug discovery/medicinal chemistry.
- An understanding of data mining and visualization to contribute to improving ROMEs capabilities in the analysis of structure activity relationships.
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry and enhanced stereochemistry.
- Prior experience with electronic compound registration systems is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships across cross-functional internal and external teams.
- Collaborative team-oriented mindset, ability to work in fast-paced startup environment and an interest in helping to shape processes that improve productivity and support novel discoveries.
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver with strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills with a focus on trust, credibility, and mutual respect.
- Asking questions, being open to new ideas and embracing ambiguity will help make you successful in this role.
- Ability and willingness to be candid and genuine.
- Proven track record of demonstrating functional expertise and following through on commitments.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment as needed.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory, subject to medical and religious accommodations, and proof of vaccination must be provided to ROME
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.