Position AD, Chemistry
Company ROME Therapeutics
Location Cambridge, MA
Reports to SVP, Chemistry
Who We Are
ROME Therapeutics is developing novel therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases by harnessing the power of the repeatome – vast stretches of uncharted genetic material that have long been dismissed as “junk DNA.” With several drug targets identified and multiple discovery programs underway, ROME is moving rapidly to leverage this new frontier in biology. To lead this exploration, ROME has assembled a team of world-class leaders across fields including oncology, immunology, virology and machine learning. ROME was launched in April 2020 and was incubated at GV, in collaboration with ARCH Venture Partners and Partners Innovation Fund. ROME is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.rometx.com.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to multi-disciplinary drug discovery and development teams by developing and implementing medicinal chemistry strategies to discover novel therapeutics.
- Prioritize medicinal chemistry activities and manage external chemistry resources to achieve project goals
- Design high-quality small molecules using multi-parameter optimization considering physicochemical properties and pharmacological readouts working with computational chemists
- Develop efficient chemical routes to analogs and medium-size scale-ups via external resources
- Possess a clear and effective communication style to disseminate project data and medicinal chemistry approaches to both internal colleagues and external collaborators
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external colleagues in chemistry, structural biology, ADME, biology and pharmacology
- Contribute to the building and expansion of ROME’s cheminformatics platform
- Participate in the preparation of patent documents, peer reviewed scientific publications and regulatory documents, as appropriate
What You’ll Bring
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with 7+ years of experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting as a medicinal chemist
- Demonstrated leadership in drug discovery solving a variety of medicinal chemistry problems (e.g. solubility, metabolism, and off-target activities) as evidenced by a strong record of scientific accomplishment and success delivering pre-clinical and clinical candidates
- Experience with hit identification through preclinical development
- Strong synthetic chemist with exceptional synthetic problem-solving skills and experience using structure-based drug design to design clinical candidates
- Experience with the synthesis of nucleosides is especially desirable
- Highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills, and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Effective Communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable with the ambiguity of early-stage Life Science companies
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills with a focus on trust, credibility, and mutual respect
- Asking questions, being open to new ideas and embracing ambiguity will help make you successful in this role.
- Ability and willingness to be candid and genuine
- Proven track record of demonstrating functional expertise and following through on commitments.
- Comfortable working in an initially virtual environment thru Spring of 2022
Who You’ll Work With
All Roman citizens exemplify our core values. Romans are encouraged to BE BOLD, DELIVER EXCELLENCE and to CARE DEEPLY in our pursuit of discovering and delivering medicines to patients in need. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn, and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge, and stretching beyond our comfort zone. We rely on each other to know our stuff, follow through and to ‘GSD – get stuff done’. We are inspired to operate with respect and kindness, valuing differences and authenticity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ROME offers competitive compensation and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
ROME Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.